24th March 2020
The Government’s latest advice, in order to reduce the speed of the spread of COVID-19, is to introduce much tighter controls about where we can go and what we can do. Unless you are carrying out the following activities you should not leave your home:
- Food shopping for essential items
- GP, hospital visits or prescription collection
- Caring for a vulnerable person
- Travel to and from essential work
In light of this advice, and to keep our tenants, contractors and staff as safe as possible, we have had to make some changes to our repairs service, in respect of the time we will take to respond to an issue:
- What was a 28 day repair becomes a 56 day repair (this is for non-urgent repairs)
- What was a 5 day repair becomes a 20 day repair (this gives us time to make sure any chance of infection has passed)
- Emergencies continue in place with usual response time
All tenants should contact their HSO’s in the first instance to report a repair, who will then assess any possible risks before scheduling work.
18th March 2020
The safety and well-being of our tenants, staff and partners is our number one priority and we understand that many of you will have growing concerns around the COVID-19 pandemic. My Space are taking measures to minimise the disruption of our services and the potential spread of the virus to our tenants, staff and partners. We are constantly monitoring this ever-changing situation and will continue to follow the latest advice and guidance as provided by the Government.
Typical symptoms of the virus include a high temperature, fever and a dry cough which is new. The best thing to avoid COVID-19 is regular and thorough hand washing with soap and water. You should also:
- cover your mouth and nose with a tissue when you cough or sneeze
- put used tissues in the bin straight away
- wash your hands with soap and water frequently, and especially after coughing or sneezing – use hand sanitiser gel if soap and water aren’t available
- try to avoid close contact with people who are unwell.
- avoid touching your eyes, nose or mouth if your hands aren’t clean
You can read more about the COVID-19 (Coronavirus) and how to spot the signs and symptoms by visiting the Government website. This information changes frequently so we suggest you check the page regularly.
All our offices are currently open as usual and Housing Support Officers are visiting the majority of tenants as normal. We will update this as soon as anything changes.
Given the ongoing situation with COVID-19, we ask that any tenants requesting repairs please let us know:
- If you are self-isolating
- If you have been in contact with someone who has been diagnosed
The best way to do this is by letting your Housing Officer know.